We invite original submissions 5-page papers (with an optional 6th page for acknowledgements and references) or 3-page extended abstracts in all areas of vocal interactivity. Accepted papers will be compiled in the VIHAR-2019 proceedings that will be published as a collection in the open-access journal PeerJ.
Suggested workshop topics may include, but are not limited to the following areas:
- Physiological and morphological comparisons between vocal systems in animals
- Properties and functions of animal signals
- Evolution of vocal interactivity
- Vocal imitation and learning
- Conveyance of emotion
- Comparative analyses of human and animal vocalisations
- Use of vocalisation
- Vocal interactivity between non-conspecifics
- Spoken language systems
- Technology-based research methods
- Vocal interaction with robots
Open access journal publisher PeerJ is pleased to announce two PeerJ Awards at VIHAR 2019, to be awarded by an expert judging panel to the best submission/presentation from a student or early-career researcher. Each award includes a voucher for a free PeerJ publication (normally $1095), and aims to support students and early career researchers and bring continued awareness to the benefits that open access and open communication have in furthering scientific progress.
Submission link: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=vihar2019
- Word template: http://vihar-2019.vihar.org/assets/templates/vihar2019_word_template.docx
- Latex template: http://vihar-2019.vihar.org/assets/templates/vihar2019_latex_template.zip
Since the 2019 template for VIHAR submissions has a larger font than previous editions, we have modified the page limits: (a) short papers can be up to 3 pages in total; (b) longer papers are still 5 pages, but can use an extra sixth page for acknowledgments and references.
- Submission deadline -
3 May 201910 May 2019
- Notification of acceptance - 14 June 2019
- Workshop - 29-30 August 2019